Associate Professor Apostolos Korlos
Dr. Apostolos Korlos
PhD Manufacturing Technology
Associate Professor | Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, IHU
May 2019 – now
International Hellenic University (IHU), Thessaloniki (Greece)
Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Specialization: Mechanical Engineering Drawing, Material Removal Machining Processes, CNC Machines Tools, CAD / CAM.
August 2015 – May 2019
Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, (ATEITH), Thessaloniki (Greece)
Department of Vehicles, Specialization: Mechanical Engineering Drawing, Material Removal Machining Processes, CNC Machines Tools, CAD / CAM.
January 2007 – August 2015
Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki (ATEITH), Thessaloniki (Greece), Department of Vehicles, Specialization: Mechanical Engineering Drawing, Material Removal Machining Processes, CNC Machines Tools, CAD / CAM.
October 2003 - January 2007
Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki as a contract Lecturer (CNC Machine Tools and CAD / CAM / CAE).
January 1998 - February 2002
Laboratory of Machine Tools and Manufacturing Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (Participated in many national and international research projects).
- December 2000: “Alexandros Kalos” Award for the paper (18th Congress of the Hellenic Association for the Study on Bone Metabolism (E.E.M.M.O.) Athens).
- September 1991 1st position at the qualified written examination at the national exams for the entry at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH).
- O. Friderikos, D. Sagris, C. N. David and A. Korlos, Simulation of Adiabatic Shear Bands in Orthogonal Machining of Ti6Al4V Using a Rigid-Viscoplastic Finite Element Analysis, Metals, 2020, 10(3), 338.
- A. Korlos, D. Tzetzis, G. Mansour, D. Sagris and C. David, «The Delamination Effect of Drilling and Electro-Discharge Machining on the Tensile Strength of Woven Composites as Studied by X-ray Computed Tomography», International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials, 2016, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 426 - 448.
- A. Korlos, O. Friderikos, D. Sagris, C. David and G. Mansour, «Orthogonal cutting of Ti6Al4V alloy using experimental and theoretical analysis» Key Engineering Materials, 2016, Vol. 665, pp. 17-20.
- K. E. Aslani, A. Korlos, J. Kechagias and K. Salonitis, Impact of process parameters on dimensional accuracy of PolyJet 3D printed parts using grey Taguchi method, 7th International Conference on Manufacturing and Materials Engineering (ICMMEN), Thessaloniki 2-3 July 2020, Greece.
- A. Manavis, G. Pliatsios, E. Dimou, A. Korlos, P. Kyratsis, "Transform objects: the influence of unruly product design", 21th Innovative Manufacturing Engineering and Energy Conference (IManEE 2017), Romania, 2017.
- A. Korlos, O. Friderikos, C. David, G. Mansour, D. Sagris, I. Tsiafis and Th. Kosmanis, «Adiabatic shear band formation in orthogonal machining of Ti6Al4V», ICEAF IV 4th International Conference of Engineering Against Failure, 24 - 26 June 2015 – Skiathos island, Greece.
List of funded projects
- Safe Cross-Border Transportation of Hazardous Materials: Orphan Radioactive Sources, 2018.
- Investigation of shear instability in orthogonal machining of Ti6Al4V alloy using the finite element method (SINTIA), 2012.